Taking care of your Baby alpaca Garments
Baby alpaca wool is one of the most warm, fluffy, lightweight and luxurious qualities of wool available in the market.
Here in nanay we want you to get the most out of your garment, and for it to remain in the best condition possible.
Here are some tips for you to help give your clothes love and a little extra care.
Do not wash your clothes as often:
Alpaca is known for self-cleansing in between wears, theres no need to wash your clothes after every use. just make sure to hang them properly. And only wash when needed.
- Always hand wash your clothes with cold water
- If you don’t have wool detergent, any baby shampoo will do the work just as well.
- Remember to lie the garment flat when drying, and smooth out any creases or wrinkles, do not hang it when wet, this could widen your piece.
After you wash:
- If wrinkles occur you can steam them out with an iron in a low setting or a steamer.
- Steam from the shower also works perfectly to un-wrinkle your clothes
- Fold or hang your garment when dry.
If winter is over and you decide to store your clothes for a long period of time, we recommend to fold and store it in a natural cotton bag, or paper box ( pillow cases work perfectly ! ).
Another great trick is to Add a little bag of lavender to keep your clothes fresh and avoid the attraction to pests.
Remember that all of your Nanay clothes are made with love by artisan hands! So treat them with love too!